MassRobotics announces the release of the first ever Interoperability Standard for Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMRs). MassRobotics is an independent non-profit center that educates, inspires and brings robotics projects to life.
This standard enables AMRs from different vendors to integrate seamlessly and support operational efficiency in industrial settings. Using this standard, robots of different types can share status information and operational conventions, or “rules of the road,” to work cohesively. The standard also enables the creation of operational dashboards so managers can access data on fleet productivity and resource utilization.
Until now, robots of different origins had no way to coordinate activities or share information. MassRobotics is the first organization to address the interoperability challenges that affect the adoption of AMRs into the market. Vecna Robotics collaborated with a group of AMR vendors to establish the first release of the Interoperability Standards.
Daniel Theobald, President of MassRobotics and Founder and CIO of Vecna Robotics, has been an outspoken advocate for AMR interoperability. Vecna Robotics has been dedicated to producing AMRs with interoperability capabilities, such as the autonomous warehouse tugger, counterbalanced fork truck and pallet truck.
The announcement has generated a lot of buzz in both the supply chain industry and the robotics field. Details on the standard and the impact it will have on automation in industrial settings have been covered by multiple news outlets.
Read more coverage of the AMR Interoperability Standard below.
- Material Handling 24/7: A comprehensive and product-focused resource in the material handling industry, focused on helping professionals to keep current with the new trends in efficiency.
- Supply Chain Management Review: Publishes columns and features contributed by business school professors, supply chain management practitioners and industry analysts regarding logistics and supply chain technology.
- Packaging World: The most read publication for professionals who use, recommend and purchase packaging equipment, materials and services.
- Modern Materials Handling: Provides comprehensive coverage of productivity solutions for material handling professionals in distribution, warehousing and manufacturing.
- Supply Chain 24/7: Brings together industry professionals and covers the latest content in supply chain industry trends, companies and intelligence.
- Material Handling Network: offers the material handling industry an active circulation covering material handling advice and addressing concerns of manufactures, wholesalers, dealers and distributors.
- Robotics 24/7: Serves the entire automation ecosystem and develops content to help designers, engineers and production managers evaluative and implement systems to improve efficiency.
- Mobile Robot Guide: Educates perspective mobile robot buyers about autonomous mobile robots, AMR applications and vendors.
- Robotics Tomorrow: Covers topics relating to industrial robotics, mobile and service robots, factory automation and more.
- Robotics World: Is dedicated to serving the needs of the robotics industry and delivers informative content that focuses on design, manufacturing and installation of robotics systems.